How to Help Acid Reflux - 5 Secrets About GERD Natural Healing
How to help acid reflux is something that many sufferers are wondering. Many GERD sufferers are not satisfied with their antacids or GERD medication.
Are you looking for GERD natural healing remedies? Look no further! In this article, you will learn about 5 secrets that antacid companies do not want you to know about. These remedies have been shown to help cure acid reflux by curing the cause.
The Cause of Acid Reflux
In most cases, gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) is caused by an irritated esophagus or weak lower esophageal sphincter. The esophagus is the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach. The esophagus can be damaged from years of poor dieting or improper lifestyle habits.
The lower esophageal sphincter (LES) is a muscle tissue that sits right above the stomach. The LES's job is to keep food and stomach acid in the stomach. Unfortunately, the sphincter will sometimes become weak after years of abuse.
There are many things that you can do to heal and strengthen both the sphincter and esophagus. For instance, just eating smaller meals is one way to help heal both of these tissues. You should try to eat about 5-6 meals a day that are about the size of your fist as opposed to 3 large meals.
Help Cure Acid Reflux with these 5 Tips
There are numerous alternative treatments that can help cure acid reflux and here are a few of them. It is important to use a variety of remedies and whole body treatments (acid reflux holistic treatments) to cure this disease.
Let's get started!
1. Probably one of the best things you can do to begin healing your LES and esophagus is to allow them time to heal. Because they are tissue, they will usually heal on themselves if given enough healing time but crunchy, acidic, spicey foods will slow the healing process. You should only eat soft foods for a period of 2-3 days which will allow the tissue to begin to heal.
2. Water will also be your best friend during this treatment because it will help keep the sphincter sealed to the opening in the stomach. You should be drinking plenty of water daily to promote good health but it is also important to drink a tall glass of water after every meal.
Water throughout the day just may keep the acid reflux away.
3. Another popular remedy which has been thought to work because of its alkaline properties is mixing a half glass of milk with a half glass of 7-up. This remedy has been used in hospitals by nurses for the past century and is thought to work by neutralizing the acidity of the reflux.
4. Healing the LES is critical to fully recovering from this disease. You can do this by making sure you supplement honey daily by licking on at least 3 teaspoons daily. Honey is thought to be healthy because it has natural healing tissue abilities.
5. Your sleeping habits have also been shown to help and hinder your reflux. One old remedy for GERD that has been around for awhile has been to raise your bed while also sleeping on your side. Probably the easiest way to do this is to put a block of wood under the head of the bed.